CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Eric's Debut

Funny little story, I was going through my iTunes a while back as I was preparing to change computers when I ran across some songs that really had no title, artist or album.  Curious, I took a quick listen to see if I wanted to keep them or clear some more hard drive space.  I struck gold!  My curious ears found one of the most precious moments that we as a family have recorded on digital media.  Upon discovery of this sound file, I had to pull Wendy in and have her take a listen.  She thought about how adorable the sound byte was and wished "It would be so fun if one of our children would do something like this."  My reply, "This is Eric."  She didn't believe me and it took a lot of convincing before she would even entertain the idea.  After more investigating, I realized that the iTunes had pulled some of Eric's voice recordings and stored them onto our main frame at the time.  We laughed a giggled for a little and then soon forgot about it until recently when Rachel and Andrew got ipod/mp3 players for Christmas and we ran into it again while loading up there music.  This song has now become the family theme song.  We wanted to load it here on our blog for everyone to hear but you can't load music, so we made it into a slideshow of Eric.  While it may be something that only Wendy and I get a real kick out of, Andrew and Brian are always singing it.  Eric is a little hesitant about us publishing a private file of him singing, but we can't resist.  We have to share it with others, just be gentle on him if  you want to mention it.  When we first approached Eric about it calling it a variety of names, he declared it was titled "I ate cheese on Sunday"  Enjoy, and please leave a comment.  We want to know who has seen our little gem.



4 comments:

HeatherEricksenHansen said...

That was just hilarious. I love the first part with the awesome lyrics and all the echo parts! Seriously that is one creative and musical boy. Too bad you can't mix all 4 parts together- it seems like they'd all go together really well. And that is totally Eric's voice- exactly as I remember it!

Holly said...

OK...finally got it to play today! Fun Song Eric! David and I both chuckled. And now I feel a strange desire to eat cheese...on Sunday, but I am a little worried about the aliens that might come after me if I do eat the cheese...or cut it!

Stephanie B said...

My girls loved it! Thanks for the entertainment.

Kevin & Jennifer Sampson said...

This is hilarious! I'm right there with Heather- that is Eric's voice, no doubt about it. That's how I remember it still, even after seeing him growing up. I also love the pictures! He's a cute kid!