CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Boom!!!

My chicken pot pie blew up! So, I made this really great chick-pot-pie in my pyrex 9 by 13 casserole dish. I always skip the crust and just have a puff pastry on top. The puff pastry was cooking a little fast, so I pulled it out of the oven, and just to ensure I had the veggies cooked in the middle, I turned the burner on my glass cook top on low just to keep it warm/hot without the top continually cooking. Well after some time, I thought that it would be fine, and I slid it off to a cool side of the oven and that's when it happened! Boom!!! Glass shattered everywhere! It was so loud that Scott jumped out of his seat! Well let me tell you that my physics classes came back to me and I saw the error of my ways. Needless to say, we all had cereal that night.

2 comments:

Kevin & Jennifer Sampson said...

Well at least you can laugh about it... What a funny story.

Stephanie B said...

Oh. my. goodness. I've had that happen before too, but it was my aunt's 9x13. Oops.