CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Wendy's 36th Birthday!


Did I ever tell you my family rocks!  Well they do.  They have such a way of making me feel so special.  So this is the story of how my family made my birthday the best birthday ever!




So, fortunately the kids had school off and so this Thursday morning I didn't have to drive Eric to seminary at 5:30 am in the morning...I slept in until 9:00, and woke up to find this sweet train track my kids built for me.  If you can see it says mom.


Rachel made me my own batch of warm chocolate chip cookies, that I didn't have to share with anyone, if I didn't want to...but I ended up sharing.  Don't you love the MOM in the cookies!  I ate those myself!


Then we went to Long Beach, WA and stayed at our timeshare.  It was great!  The pool was so warm and fun, we watched movies, played games and cooked together! 

Scott made me these amazing pancakes.  They are called pumpkin cinnamon roll pancakes.  Instead of putting syrup on top, you put cream cheese icing!  Can you just say YUMMY!

We went out the next morning, and went to the local cranberry harvest festival.  Yep!  Those are the flooded feilds, and that red is the cranberries.  This only happens 2 days a year.  It was cool to watch.

While we were out and about, we happened upon a pretty cool car!  What would you call this a TRAN, or a VANCK...I made Scott stop so I could take a picture.

Next we went to the kite festival that was going on at the beach.  The kids got to make their own kites and fly them on the beach.  This was their favorite part. 


So in the end this was my favorite birthday!  I LOVE MY FAMILY!






1 comments:

HeatherEricksenHansen said...

What a fun week you guys have had! I keep forgetting that Eric is in High School! You do have such an awesome family. I miss you all and wish I could be there for all these fun things!