CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Camping at Ocean Shores

We had such a great time camping at Ocean Shores! Our good friends invited us to come along and camp with them at one of their favorite camping spots. We got the best camp grounds and had such a fun time. We were the family with the oldest children, so I think things were easier for us in general, but then again...camping with me is not the easiest task. I am more of an indoor girl than a roughing it kinda girl. I put on my smile and just went for it. My husband and friends made it fabulous! Great weather didn't hurt either. (Although I am still getting a little teased from my friends about my need to do my nightly skin ritual, and my morning make-up)
I think this is how wet Eric got at the beach. This is a bit funny because when he was younger, we couldn't keep him out of water, even if it had ice in it. He was our little fish, and now he just won't have anything to do with it. He says it is all the times he got plastered with sand. That IS a miserable feeling...
Rachel had fun flying kites with her friend Lauren. This picture makes me laugh. Rachel is so small for her age, and Lauren is so tall for her age. No one would guess they are like 4 years apart.
Rachel also had fun making a sand castle. I don't think we got a finished picture of her castle, but it was fabulous. She wanted me to explain that she has a swimsuit on under that shirt. She was concerned that people would wonder why she is walking around with no pants on.
Why...?
Oh, I think Eric is the way he is at beaches because he used to do this.
This is Andrew. He was acting like he was in Hawaii. Now the weather there was great for this beach, but it was still a bit chilly, and very windy. That didn't stop my kids.
This is Brian sporting his 5 o'clock shadow.
This is what I did most of the time on the beach. There was a big log, as you can see, and it blocked most of the wind. It was pretty warm there. I got up occasionally and took pictures and socialized. But I would say the majority of the time I was here.
See...my kids are crazy. It was a warm day, but the water was a bit on the freezing side. Scott had to take them in the water and wash them off. (See above pictures)
Um...I think Brian forgot to wash his face off.
One of the best camping trips we have had! Thanks to all who were involved in making this so fun! I think my favorite memory will be watching my boys ride around the camp sights on princess, pink tricycles! (Exception of Eric)

2 comments:

Stephanie B said...

Sorry, that above comment is from me, Stephanie

Stephanie B said...

Okay, I had posted another comment that came up anonymous so I posted an additional one. Then the other one disappeared. Oh, this is lame. What I said is, Brian's sandy face picture made me laugh hard. I have a picture of the finished sand castle. Best. camping. trip. ever.