CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wendy's Recent update to MyFamily. com

So let me catch you up on life at the nelsons.We recently went to Central CA for our other family reunion. It was a lot of fun. We visited San Fran a few times, and did a Pleasenton version of "The Amazing Race" which was very hard but very fun. We got to visit Modesto for the weekend and hang out with all the Ricks family except for Gail, who was with mom, and Brent, who dosn't live there. Any way. We got to see Aaron's sweet house, and Bryan's huge house, and we got to visit with Uncle tons, and we got to see the girls and Adam and hear their plans for the future...they scare me a bit.

Anyway, we visited our old house, and actually went up the hill! We think it was much more open and beautiful they way mom and dad had done it. There are so many huge things taking up all the space, a tracter, boat, RV and a big barn, and they put up a big fence around the front of the house that closes it up so much. It was very cluttered. The driveway center planter area was still the same, same olive tree. The rose garden is halfway still there, and the little statue in the rose garden is still there. The orange trees are still there and the garages are still there. The house looks the same on the outside, but they put in a new front door and painted the house a dark tan color. It was weird but really fun to see again.

We are finally remodleing our master bath. Everything in it is broken, so we thought it was time. The shower plumbing broke and caused a lot of leaking under the lanolium and that all looks really bad, or toilet is broken, our cabinets door on our bathroom cabinate is unfixable, and there are so many weird things going on with that room, so we are finally doing something about it. We will have to take pictures of before and after.

We went out on the boat on monday and I had a little acident on the inertube. I caugt a big wave and the inertube bounced up really hard and hit my neck and did a litte damage to my vocal cords, and neck. I can't talk really well, so if you call I sound kinda weird. I went to an ENT doc yesterday to make sure there wasn't anything really bad going on and I should heal up fine on my own. My vocals are brused, and have a blood blister on them, and they are swollen, that is why talking has been so hard. So, with all this we have had 100 degree weather here and we don't have AC so life has been a bit uncomfortable, but we are trying to stay positive. It is 12:30 right now and my thermostat is at 82 ! Our house is at it's hottest at about 5-6 at night so we have a long day ahead of us. This is record high for here. Last year I think we had 1 or 2 days in the low 80s.

On a more positive note, Scott is not studying for the boards!!!! My kids are wonderful, and healthy, I did a french manicure on myself yesterday, and I loved seeing the Harry Potter Movie! Thanks to Audrey, I saved 6 dollars on Monday when I went grociery shopping (She has great coupon sites she sent me) and Heidi is coming on Saturday! I am excited to have her. I hope all is well with you all. Love, Wendy

0 comments: